It wasn't until fairly recently that I discovered how to dress this new body of mine. I say new body because over the past 4 years I have had some major health issues come up. Along with the health issues came a 30 lb weight gain. Well, there had definitely been a lot of bumps in the road with accepting the new me. For a good while I slumped around in too tight jeans and oversized sweatshirts. I couldn't fit into my old clothes and refused to buy bigger ones. Needless to say, I didn't like what I saw in the mirror. It would reduce me to tears and it was a constant reminder of what I had lost. My negative thoughts about my appearance become a poison to my soul. I had lost my self esteem, my confidence.
One day watching an episode of "What not to wear" on Netflix, I realized that maybe I could try and take some of the tips and see how I looked. Let me just say that this opened me up to a whole new world, I saw my body in a new way. Instead of looking at myself with disgust, I saw hope. Although I had not lost a pound I felt pretty again. I discovered the beauty of the blazer and clothes that fit your body the right way. You see any body shape can look good with the right fit.
Blazers give you a structured classic look that can accentuate your best features if fitted correctly. Have it tailored for that perfect fit.
So, if you struggle with feeling pretty and confident again try adding some Blazers to your wardrobe, pair it with some jeans and heels and you'll look and feel as confident as a star.
Why is it that life can suck out our ability to dream again. When I was a kid I had all sorts of dreams. But as life has progressed, and difficulties surmount, it seems that I have let life steal away a piece of me.
One of my biggest dreams was to travel. I've always desperately wanted to see Rome and all of Europe. But as financial strain and battling MS pressed in from all sides, it also squeezed out my confidence and dreams. But it doesn't have to be this way. I have begun to rediscover that I can still have goals and dreams. This has given me a new excitement for life, a great anticipation for my future. Yes, it's true that horrible life circumstances can alter some plans but we can't let it define and defeat us. We need to keep reaching for those dreams and then before you know it, you'll be living them.
Here are some practical steps to reclaiming your dreams.
1. Stop the negative thoughts. The more you tell yourself it's not possible or my life is over, the more you start to believe and become that.
2. Renew your mind. Meditate on what is good and true. Prayer, and filling yourself with uplifting and positive thoughts will give you the drive to press on.
3. Start setting goals to accomplish those dreams.
4. Don't be afraid! Do something you've always wanted to do that you never thought was possible.
So, let's start dreaming again and make these dreams a reality!
Please feel free to share in the comments some of your dreams.
Most of us women have a negative relationship with our bodies. We tend to pick ourselves apart and focus on what we think about our problem areas. I can honestly say that I have never met a woman that is absolutely content with her body. We always want to lose a little more weight, have longer legs, or a flatter stomach. Will the madness ever end? What if we could just love our bodies where it's at right now, to feel confident in our own skin. I want to challenge you to learn to love your body shape, Whether you have an apple, pear, hour glass, wedge, or rectangle shape.
The first Practical step you can take to help you love your shape.
* Learn how to dress your shape!
Do some research on what best fits your shape.
* Hour glass shapes look best in structured clothing that defines the waist.
* Apple shapes should go for v neck tops that elongate the torso and belts along the smallest part of your mid section. Boot cut pants balance the body.
* Rectangular shapes should go for dresses with ruching to give the illusion of a defined waist. Tops with a scoop or sweetheart neckline can add curves.
* Pear shapes looks great in boot cut or wide legged pants in darker colors. A-line skirts and tops with square or cowl necklines look fabulous.
* Wedge shapes should go for bright colors on the bottom and anything that gives you the illusion of a waist.
Remember that no matter what shape you are that you are beautiful. Each shape holds its own beauty and There is no one else like you in the world, you are one of a kind, gorgeous and special.
Here are some websites you can research to get you started.